Made from 100% extra fine merino wool fibers, DROPS Merino Extra Fine is a warm and super soft yarn, that’s gentle on the skin, and therefore great for baby and children garments. Spun from multiple thin strands, it gives beautiful, even stitches, and it’s Ideal for textured patterns such as cables and seed stitch. Garments made in this yarn are very comfortable, have extra elasticity and great surface quality. It is this special construction that makes it important to use the correct tension in your project, so use a tight tension rather than a loose one.
DROPS Merino Extra Fine yarn is superwash treated, which means it’s machine washable and suitable for everyday use; but when washing your garments you must be extra careful and follow closely the care instructions. This yarn is spun from fibers from free-range, mulesing free animals from South America, DROPS Merino Extra Fine is Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified.
Please be aware that the colours shown may vary from screen to screen in the same way that shades may vary slightly from dye lot to dye lot.
How do I care for this yarn?
Machine wash on gentle cycle warm 40°C / 104F. Don’t use fabric softener. Dry Flat
DROPS Merino Extra Fine is a Superwash treated yarn, which means it should be washed in the machine, using a gentle cycle program. That being said, there are a few more tips that are extremely relevant when it comes to caring for this yarn:
- Follow the washing instructions provided on the yarn label and in the shade card for the yarn.
- Wash merino wool in a 40C/104F degrees / gentle cycle program.
- Wash separately, using lots of water.
- Use a small amount of wool detergent (without enzymes and optical brighteners).
- NEVER use fabric softener (the wool fibers become too soft and can slide apart).
- NEVER leave to soak!
- NEVER leave garments wet in the washing machine for a long period of time!
- NEVER hang to dry, instead dry the garments shaped on a flat surface.